1/2 teaspoon cummin seeds
25 gm fresh ginger, finely grated
2 cloves garlic, finely
6 curry leaves
100 gm tomatoes, peeled and chopped
2 teaspoon chilli powder
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
450 gm 1lb shelled prawns
3 tablespoon white vinegar
1 teaspoon cornflour
1 salt to taste
1/2 teaspoon sugar
Directions: How to Cook Hot And Spicy Prawn Vindaloo
1. Crush the cummin seeds with the ginger, garlic and mustard seeds.
2. Heat the oil in a pan, add the onion and curry leaves and fry until the onion is golden.
3. Add the tomato, chilli powder, turmeric and 1-2 Tbl water and cook, mashing the tomatoe under the back of a wooden spoon to make a thick paste.
4. Add the crushed spices and continue to fry for 5 minutes, then add the prawns and 4 Tbl water and simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Pour on the vinegar. The sauce may be thickened, if necessary, by adding the cornflour mixed with 1 tsp water. Add salt to taste and sugar, if liked.
Imran C. Posted to TNT - Prodigy's Recipe Exchange Newsletter by "I. Chaudhary"
Recent comments and reviews for this recipe:
| rini writes:|
very nice and ellegant recipe perfect for a dinner
Posted on 14 Jan 2008, 10:10 ET
| Arka writes:|
Very poor.Have tried it at home......simply disgustin!!
Posted on 22 Jun 2008, 10:33 ET
| Mekman writes:|
You call this Vindaloo? Gimme a break! This is more like a khichadee!!!
Posted on 23 Mar 2009, 09:01 ET
| Rob writes:|
Erm...ingredient four - 1 chopped...salami
Posted on 10 Jul 2009, 14:17 ET
| neo writes:|
Vindaloo???????? have you tasted it before...its supposed to be nice
Posted on 03 Mar 2010, 10:05 ET
Add your comment: