1 1/2 lb mackerel
4 cloves garlic, peeled, chopped
1 1/4 teaspoon salt; or to taste
1 mix together next 4 ingredients:
1 1/2 teaspoon coriander, ground
1/4 teaspoon tumeric, ground
1 teaspoon paprika
1 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1 cup warm water
1 cup coconut, flaked
1 teaspoon tamarind paste; or 2 tab. lamon juic
Directions: How to Cook Mackerel With Coconut Sauce
1. Ramove the head from the fish, & cut the fish into about 2-inch wide pieces; do not cut along the belly.
2. Wash each piece of fish gently in cold water inside & out.
3. Add the salt to the garlic & crush to a pulp.
4. Heat the spice mixture on 100% (high) power for 1 1/2 minutes, stir & set aside.
5. Put the water, coconut & tamarind into a 3 pint casserole, cover & cook on 100% power for 6 minutes, stirring halfway through.
6. Add the spice mixture & garlic to the coconut mixture, stir & mix thoroughly.
7. Arrange the pieces of fish in the coconut mixture in a single layer & spoon some of it over the fish. Cover as before & cook on 50% (medium) power for 6 minutes, reposition peices in dish after every 2 minutes. (Add lemon juice during this time if using instead of tamarind.)
8. Set dish aside for 5 minutes before serving. Recipe By : The Complete Indian Cookbook
Recent comments and reviews for this recipe:
No comments, so be the first!
Add your comment: