2 potatoes, medium sized
2 teaspoon coriander, ground
1 teaspoon chile powder; or to taste
1 teaspoon paprika
3 tablespoon cooking oil
5 cloves garlic, peeled,crushed
1 onion, finely chopped
1/3 cup hot water
1 teaspoon tamarind concentrate
1 teaspoon salt; or to taste
1 lb shrimp, frozen, defrosted, drained; or fresh!
1 tablespoon besan (chick pea flour), sieved
Directions: How to Cook Shrimp In Garlic And Tamarind
1. Put the potatoes in a 2-3 pint dish & add 4 Tablespoons hot water. Cover & cook on high (100% power) for 2 1/2 minutes. Turn the potatoes over, recover & cook on 100% power for a further 2 minutes.
2. Leave the potatoes to stand for 8 minutes then immerse them in cold water until they are completely cold. Peel & dice them evenly.
3. Put the coriander, chile powder & paprika in small glass bowl & heat on 100% power for 1 1/2 minutes. Stir & set aside.
4. Mix 2 Tablespoons oil from the specified amount, half the garlic & all the onions in a 3 pint casserole, cover & cook on 100% power for 5 minutes, stirring every 1 1/2 minutes.
5. Add the spice mixture & cook, uncovered, on 100% power for 2 minutes, stirring halfway through.
6. Add the water, tamarind, salt & the shrimp. Stir & mix well. Cover & cook on 100% power for 4 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes.
7. Add the potatoes, recover & cook on 100% power for 2 minutes.
8. Preheat a browning dish on 100% power for 4-5 minutes, add the remaining oil & cook on high for 1 minute. Add the garlic & cook on high for 30 seconds to 1 minute until golden brown. Stir the garlic oil into the shrimp.
9. Sprinkle the besan evenly evenly on the shrimp, stir & mix thoroughly. Cook, uncovered, on high power for 2 minutes, stirring halfway through. Recipe By : The Complete Indian Cookbook
Recent comments and reviews for this recipe:
No comments, so be the first!
Add your comment: