1 1/2 quart chopped onions (about 6 to 8 medium; )
1 quart firmly packed shredded carrots (abo; ut 1 pound)
1 quart peeled, diced green tomatoes (about; 8 medium)
1 quart chopped zucchini (about 2 pounds)
2 cup light corn syrup
4 cup white vinegar
2 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon ground coriander
2 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
Directions: How to Cook East India Relish
Stir a few tablespoons of this relish into mayonnaise when making a chicken salad, or try it with pot roast. The recipe makes six 1 pint jars. You'll need a shredder or food processor in addition to the basic equipment for boiling water bath canning.
1. Organize ingredients, equipment, and work space.
2. In a preserving kettle, combine the ingredients. heat over medium high heat to boiling. Reduce the heat and simmer 5 minutes.
3. Spoon the relish evenly into hot jars to within 1/4 inch of tops.
4. Spoon hot liquid from the kettle to within 1/4 inch of tops of jars. Run a slim, non metal tool down along the insides of jars to release any air bubbles. Add additional relish, if necessary, to within 1/4 inch of tops.
5. Wipe tops and threads of jars with a damp clean cloth.
6. Put on lids and screw bands as manufacturer directs.
7. Process in a boiling water bath for 15 minutes. Follow basic steps for boiling water bath canning, 10 through 19.
Source: Vegetable Gardening Encyclopedia Typos by Dorothy Flatman 1995 Posted to MM-Recipes Digest V3 #235
Recent comments and reviews for this recipe:
No comments, so be the first!
Add your comment: