30 black peppercorns
25 cardamom pods, skinned
5 medium tomatoes
2 1/2 cm ginger, cut into small
120 ml oil
2 large onions, finely chopped
1 kg lamb, cut into 2.5cm cubes
2 teaspoon paprika
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
250 ml water
3 tablespoon coriander leaves, chopped
Directions: How to Cook Elaichi Gosht (Lamb With Cardamom)
1. Grind the peppercorns and cardamom seeds finely.
2. In a blender, blend the tomatoes and ginger.
3. Heat the oil in a saucepan and fry the onions until golden. Add the meat and the ground spices. Stir constantly and fry for 5 minutes.
4. Add the blended mixture, paprika and salt, mix with the meat and fry for a further 2-3 minutes.
5. Add the water, bring to a boil, cover, lower the heat to very low and cook for about 1 hour until tender. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with rice.
Compiled by Imran C. Posted to EAT-L Digest 16 Dec 96
From: "Imran C."
Recent comments and reviews for this recipe:
| Ras Skipper writes:|
Always cook this. Real food :)
Posted on 22 May 2014, 14:05 ET
Add your comment: