1 1/2 cup dried chick peas
1 medium onion, diced
3 tablespoon peanut oil
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 teaspoon dried parsley
2 teaspoon dried mint
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon turmeric
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin seed
Directions: How to Cook Fried Chick Peas
1) Soak the chick peas overnight in lots of water. Then bring to a boil, and simmer for 2 to 3 hours.
2) Mix the onions and spices together in a small bowl. Using a non-stick pan, then fry in the oil until the onions are brown (5 to 10 minutes).
3) Thoroughly mix the fried onion, cooked chick peas, lemon juice, parsley, and mint in a medium size bowl.
4) On medium-high heat, fry everything until the chick peas start to soften (about 10 minutes). Cover, and set the heat on very low for 15 to 20 minutes.
5) Serve hot or cold. Great for picnics!
** Variations **
Add one more diced onion. Use olive, sesame, or safflower oil instead of peanut.
Contributed by: Walter Brown, ab684
From: email@example.com (Walter Brown). rfvc Digest V94 Issue #210. Sept. 28, 1994. Formatted by Sue Smith, S.Smith34, TXFT40A@Prodigy.com using MMCONV.
Recent comments and reviews for this recipe:
| karishma writes:|
it does not take that long to make fried chick peas
Posted on 20 Jan 2008, 19:41 ET
Add your comment: