2 large eggplants; peeled and diced
2 tomatoes peeled; seeded and finely diced
3 tablespoon ghee or oil
2 onions; chopped finely
1 1 1/2 fresh ginger
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 1/8 chili pepper
1/2 teaspoon cumin; ( ground)
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander seeds
1 tablespoon garam masala
1 salt and pepper; to taste
Directions: How to Cook Indian Style Eggplant Puree Bringal Bartha Aug 95
1. Place eggplant in a colander in layers sprinkling salt between each layer.
2. Place ginger and chili in a small food processor and puree
3. Heat ghee or oil in a saucepan and add onions, cook until translucent.
4.Stir in ginger and continue cooking until onions start to brown.
5.Add the turmeric, 1 tsp garam masala, coriander and cumin and cook stirring 1 minute.
6. Add the tomatoes and stir 2 minutes.
7. Rinse the eggplant and squeeze out all water between the palm of your hands, and add to pan. Season with salt and pepper.
8. Turn down heat, cover and simmer 1 to 1 1/2 hour, stirring often until all becomes a puree.
9. Add the rest of the garam masala and stir 3 minutes.
NOTES : If eggplant starts drying add a little water( very little)
Recipe by: Miriam Podcameni Posvolsky
Scrambled Eggs With Cumin And Fragrant Herbs
Egg Cooked With Meat And Fried (Nargisi Kofta
Indian Style Eggplant Puree Bringal Bartha Aug 95
Egg Cooked With Meat And Fried (Nargisi Kofta)
Recent comments and reviews for this recipe:
No comments, so be the first!
Add your comment: