1/2 teaspoon cummin seeds
25 gm fresh ginger, finely grated
2 cloves garlic, finely
6 curry leaves
100 gm tomatoes, peeled and chopped
2 teaspoon chilli powder
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
450 gm 1lb shelled prawns
3 tablespoon white vinegar
1 teaspoon cornflour
1 salt to taste
1/2 teaspoon sugar
Directions: How to Cook Jhinga Vindaloo (Prawn Vindaloo)
1. Crush the cummin seeds with the ginger, garlic and mustard seeds.
2. Heat the oil in a pan, add the onion and curry leaves and fry until the onion is golden.
3. Add the tomato, chilli powder, turmeric and 1-2 Tbl water and cook, mashing the tomatoe under the back of a wooden spoon to make a thick paste.
4. Add the crushed spices and continue to fry for 5 minutes, then add the prawns and 4 Tbl water and simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Pour on the vinegar. The sauce may be thickened, if necessary, by adding the cornflour mixed with 1 tsp water. Add salt to taste and sugar, if liked.
Compiled by Imran C.
Recent comments and reviews for this recipe:
No comments, so be the first!
Add your comment: