2 cup long grain rice
3 tablespoon ghee
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger, finely
6 whole cloves
250 gm minced lamb or beef
2 cup green peas
4 cup hot water
3 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon garam masala
Directions: How to Cook Keema Mattar Pilau (Mince Meat And Peas With Rice)
1. Wash rice and leave to drain.
2. Heat ghee in a large saucepan with a tight-fitting lid. Fry the cumin with the onion, garlic, ginger and cloves until onion is soft and golden brown.
3. Add the mince and fry over moderately high heat until the mince is browned.
4. Add peas and half cup water, stir well, cover and cook until peas are half done.
5. Add rice and hot water and stir in the salt.
6. Bring quickly to the boil, cover, turn heat very low and cook for 10 minutes.
7. Uncover and sprinkle with garam masala but do not stir. Replace lid and continue cooking for a further 10 minutes or until liquid is all absorbed and rice is cooked through. Serve hot.
Compiled by Imran C.
Spiced Basmati Rice With Lentils And Caramelized Onions
Basmati Rice With Raisins, Nuts And Peas
Tasty Mince Meat And Peas With Rice
Fruit And Nut Rice
Basmati Rice With Nuts And Dried Fruit
Recent comments and reviews for this recipe:
| aelish mostafa writes:|
yeh its nice to read n cook ur spcial keema style.....yammmee
thanks gose to ur site.
Posted on 19 Oct 2009, 10:08 ET
| Dija writes:|
i lurrrrv this
Posted on 02 Jan 2011, 11:25 ET
Add your comment: