5 tablespoon corn oil
2 medium onions, chopped
1 teaspoon shredded ginger
1 teaspoon sliced garlic
6 whole dried red chillies
3 cardamom pods
2 cinnamon sticks
6 black peppercorns
1/2 teaspoon salt
450 boned leg of lamb
2 1/2 cup water
2 fresh green chillies
2 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
Directions: How to Cook Khara Masala Lamb (Whole Spices Lamb)
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Lower the heat slightly and fry the onions until they are lightly browned.
2. Add half the ginger and half the garlic and stir well.
3. Throw in half the red chillies, the cardamoms, cinnamon, peppercorns, cloves and salt.
4. Add the lamb and fry over a medium heat. Stir continously with a semi-circular movement, using a wooden spoon to scrape the bottom of the pan. Continue in this way for about 5 minutes.
5. Pour in the water, cover with a lid and cook over a medium-low heat for 35-40 minutes, or until the water has evaporated and the meat is tender.
6. Add the rest of the ginger, garlic and dried red chillies, along with the fresh green chillies and fresh coriander.
7. Continue to stir over the heat until you see some free oil on the sides of the pan. Transfer to a serving dish and serve immediately.
NOTE: With whole spices (khara) used in this curry, you should warn your diners of their presence especially the whole dried red chillies! ;-)
Compiled by Imran C. Posted to CHILE-HEADS DIGEST V3 #183
From: "I. Chaudhary"
Recent comments and reviews for this recipe:
No comments, so be the first!
Add your comment: