|Lamb Or Beef Mince Samosas Recipe
1 tablespoon ghee
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh ginger
2 medium onions, finely chopped
2 teaspoon curry powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon vinegar or lemon juice
250 gm minced beef or lamb
1/2 cup hot water
1 teaspoon garam masala
2 tablespoon chopped fresh mint or
1 coriander leaves
1 oil for frying
225 gm plain flour
1 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoon oil
1 approx. 100ml hot water
1 oil for deep frying
Directions: How to Cook Lamb Or Beef Mince Samosas
1. To make the filling, heat the ghee in a saucepan and fry garlic, ginger and half the onion until onion is soft. Add curry powder, salt, vinegar, mix well. Add minced beef or lamb and fry over a high heat, stirring constantly until meat changes colour. Turn heat down and add hot water. Cover pan and cook until meat is tender and all the liquid has been absorbed.
2. Towards end of cooking, stir frequently to prevent meat from sticking to base of pan. Sprinkle with garam masala and chopped mint or coriander, remove from heat and allow to cool. Mix in the reserved chopped onion.
3. To make the dough, sieve together the flour and salt. Rub in the oil. Add enough water to form a stiff dough. Knead for 10 minutes until smooth.
4. Divide into 12 balls. Roll each ball into a round of about 15cm/6" across. Cut in half.
5. Pick up one half, flatten it slightly and form a cone, sealing the overlapping edge with a little water. Fill the cone with 1.5 tsp of the filling and seal the top with a little water.
6. Make all the samosas in the same way.
7. Heat the oil in a karahi(wok) over medium heat. Put as many samosas as you can into the hot oil and fry until crisp and golden. Drain. Serve with a chutney or your favourite chilli or tomato sauce.
TNT & Compiled by Imran C. Posted to EAT-L Digest 06 Jan 97
From: "I. Chaudhary"
Recent comments on this recipe:
| noname writes:|
Posted on 28 May 2008, 07:52 ET
| Ian writes:|
I did not use the dough recipe, but the minced beef turned out great!
Thanks for the recipe!
Posted on 12 Jul 2008, 23:29 ET
| Jemma writes:|
this is food is so yummy,!
Posted on 13 Aug 2009, 02:56 ET
| PARTYYY writes:|
this is party foood, its yummy, you should make it sometime aye :D
Posted on 13 Aug 2009, 02:58 ET
| Foody writes:|
Borin, you should be respectful. You probably can't make toast!
Posted on 29 Aug 2010, 02:29 ET
| leila writes:|
this recipe looks so delicious and easy to make. I intend to try it out
Posted on 14 Mar 2011, 05:05 ET
| leila writes:|
Is there anyone who could give me a recipe for samoosa mince roll? the one
that looks like a pinwheel? I would be most grateful.
My pur always seem to break when Im cutting the roll into slices. Any help
out there? Or suggestions? Many thanks!
Posted on 14 Mar 2011, 05:08 ET
Add your comment: