3/4 cup coconut, flaked
1 3/4 cup hot water
1/2 head lettuce, washed, chopped coars; ely
2 chili peppers, green, hot, fresh; seeded & chopped
1 teaspoon tamarind paste
1/2 teaspoon salt; or to taste
1/2 teaspoon cumin,ground
Directions: How to Cook Lettuce And Coconut Chutney
1. Pour half the water & all the coconut in a 4 pint bowl or casserole. Cover & cook on 100% (high) power for 2 minutes.
2. Stir the coconut & add the remaining water. Spread the lettuce leaves on top evenly, recover & cook on 100% power for 2 minutes.
3. Stir the contents, cover & let stand for 5 minutes, then uncover & allow to cool for 15-20 minutes.
4. Put the coconut & lettuce mixture, chile peppers & tamarind in a food processor & chop coarsely.
5. Add the salt & cumin & blend for a few seconds longer. Recipe By : The Complete Indian Cookbook
Recent comments and reviews for this recipe:
No comments, so be the first!
Add your comment: