1 tablespoon ghee
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh ginger
2 medium onions, finely chopped
2 teaspoon curry powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon vinegar or lemon juice
250 gm minced lamb
1/2 cup hot water
1 teaspoon garam masala
2 tablespoon chopped fresh mint or
1 coriander leaves
1 oil for frying
225 gm plain flour
1 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoon oil
1 approx. 100ml hot water
1 oil for deep frying
Directions: How to Cook Minced Lamb Samosas
1. To make the filling, heat the ghee in a saucepan and fry garlic, ginger and half the onion until onion is soft. Add curry powder, salt, vinegar, mix well. Add minced beef or lamb and fry over a high heat, stirring constantly until meat changes colour. Turn heat down and add hot water. Cover pan and cook until meat is tender and all the liquid has been absorbed.
2. Towards end of cooking, stir frequently to prevent meat from sticking to base of pan. Sprinkle with garam masala and chopped mint or coriander, remove from heat and allow to cool. Mix in the reserved chopped onion.
3. To make the dough, sieve together the flour and salt. Rub in the oil. Add enough water to form a stiff dough. Knead for 10 minutes until smooth.
4. Divide into 12 balls. Roll each ball into a round of about 15cm/6" across. Cut in half.
5. Pick up one half, flatten it slightly and form a cone, sealing the overlapping edge with a little water. Fill the cone with 1.5 tsp of the filling and seal the top with a little water.
6. Make all the samosas in the same way.
7. Heat the oil in a karahi(wok) over medium heat. Put as many samosas as you can into the hot oil and fry until crisp and golden. Drain. Serve with a chutney or your favourite chilli or tomato sauce.
TNT: Imran C.
North Kashmir Lamb Stew (Kashmiri Gosht)
Lamb And Mushroom Korma
Chaamp Masala (Lamb Chops Masala)
Jordaloo Boti (Lamb With Apricots)
Shahi Korma (Lamb In Saffron And Cardamom Cream Sauce)
Recent comments and reviews for this recipe:
| Janine writes:|
Four score and seven minutes ago, I read a sweet aritlce. Lol thanks
Posted on 03 Sep 2012, 02:36 ET
Add your comment: