4 tablespoon butter
2 teaspoon corn oil
3 lb chicken, skinned and cut
1 into 8 pieces
1 medium onion, chopped
1 teaspoon garlic pulp
1/2 teaspoon crushed peppercorns
1/2 teaspoon crushed cardamom pods
1/4 teaspoon ground cinammon
1 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
2/3 cup natural yoghurt
1/2 cup ground almonds
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon saffron strands
2/3 cup water
2/3 cup single light cream
2 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
Directions: How to Cook Spicy Aromatic Chicken In Saffron Sauce
This is an impressive and aromatic chicken dish which contains saffron, the most expensive spice in the world! IC
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180deg.C/350deg.F Melt the butter with the oil in a skillet or wok and add the chicken pieces and fry until lightly browned. This will take about 5 minutes. Remove the chicken using a slotted spoon, leaving behind as much of the fat as possible.
2. Add the onion to the same pan, and fry over a medium heat. Meanwhile, mix together the garlic, black peppercorns, cardamom, cinnamon, chilli powder, yoghurt, ground almonds, lemon juice, salt and saffron strands in a mixing bowl.
3. When the onions are lightly browned, pour the spice mixture into the pan and stir-fry for about 1 minute.
4. Add the chicken pieces, and continue to stir-fry for a further 2 minutes. Add the water and bring to a simmer.
5. Transfer the contents of the pan to a casserole dish and cover with a lid or if using a wok, cover with foil. Transfer to the oven and cook for 30-35 minutes.
6. Once you are sure that the chicken is cooked right through, remove it from the oven. Transfer the chicken to a frying pan and stir in the cream.
7. Reheat gently for about 2 minutes. Garnish with fresh coriander and serve with rice.
>>Compiled by Imran C.<< Posted to CHILE-HEADS DIGEST V3 #183
From: "I. Chaudhary"
Recent comments and reviews for this recipe:
No comments, so be the first!
Add your comment: