4 tablespoon oil
2 medium onions, finely chopped
450 gm potatoes, diced into 2cm
1 small cauliflower
1 cut into 2cm pieces
1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
1/3 teaspoon chilli powder
1 teaspoon ground cummin
2 tomatoes, chopped
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon sugar
200 gm peas
1/2 teaspoon garam masala (see below)
Directions: How to Cook Spicy Cauliflower With Potatoes And Peas
1. Heat the oil in a karahi(wok) over medium high heat
2. Add the onions and fry for 3-4 minutes until light brown
3. Add the potatoes and cauliflower and stir. Add the turmeric, chilli, cummin, tomatoes, salt and sugar. Stir fry for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add the peas, cover and reduce heat to a medium low and cook for about 20 minutes until the potatoes and cauliflower are tender. During the cooking period stir the vegetables a few times to stop them sticking.
5. Sprinkle with garam masala.
It's that easy!
Garam Masala means "hot spices" and is a mixture of ground spices that is used sparingly, sprinkled either on a finished dish or on to the foods just before it has finished cooking. It is far better to grind your own spices than to buy the mixture ready-ground. Bought garam masala often contains inferior quality spices and will not keep its flavour for long.
For homemade garam masala, grind together cardamom seeds from 10 pods, 25g cinnamon stick, 6 cloves and 6-8 whole black peppercorns. Store in an airtight jar in a cool place.
TNT'd & Compiled by Imran C. Source: Mum Posted to TNT - Prodigy's Recipe Exchange Newsletter by "Imran C."
Bonda With Instant Mashed Potato
Diced Potatoes With Turmeric And Cumin
Dry Potato And Cauliflower
Sali Jardaloo Murgi (Chicken With Apricots And Potato)
Gobi Aloo Or Cauliflower With Potatoes, Banquet Style
Recent comments and reviews for this recipe:
No comments, so be the first!
Add your comment: