8 lamb chops (about 5-75g ea)
2 tablespoon olive oil
150 ml lemon juice
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint and
150 ml corn oil
1 mint sprigs
1 lime slices
3 tablespoon corn oil
8 medium tomatoes, roughly chopped
1 bay leaf
1 teaspoon garam masala
2 tablespoon natural yoghurt
1 teaspoon garlic pulp
1 teaspoon chilli powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black cumin seeds
3 black peppercorns
2 medium potatoes, peeled, roughly
1 chopped and bolied
Directions: How to Cook Spicy Lamb Chops With Potatoes
1. Put the chops into a large bowl. Mix together the olive oil, lemon juice, salt and fresh mint and coriander. Pour the oil mixture over the chops and rub it well with your fingers. Leave to marinate for at least 3 hours.
2. To make the sauce, heat the corn oil in a deep round-bottomed frying pan(skillet) or a karahi(wok). Lower the heat and add the chopped tomatoes. Stir-fry for about 2 minutes. Gradually add the bay leaf, garam masala, yoghurt, garlic, chilli powder, salt, black cumin seeds and peppercorns, and stir-fry for a further 2-3 minutes.
3. Lower the heat again and add the cooked potatoes, mixing everything together well. Remove from the heat and set yo one side.
4. Heat 150ml cup corn oil in a seperate frying pan. Lower the heat slightly and fry the marinated chops until they are cooked through. This will take about 10-12 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain the cooked chops on absorbent kitchen paper towels.
5. Heat the sauce in the wok, bringing it to the boil. Add the chops and lower the heat. Simmer for 5-7 minutes.
6. Transfer to a warmed serving dish and garnish with mint sprigs and lime slices.
Compiled by Imran C. Posted to CHILE-HEADS DIGEST V3 #183
From: "I. Chaudhary"
Recent comments and reviews for this recipe:
No comments, so be the first!
Add your comment: